Interested in learning to help people?
We typically teach two EMT-Basic courses each year,
one in the sping and another in the fall. If you are interested
read below and follow us on Facebook for announcements.
- Applicants need to have the physical ability to lift 150lbs for the lifting and moving of patients.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and have parental permission if less than 18.
- With the successful completion of this Emergency Medical Technician - Basic course, the participant will be able to:
- Take the West Virginia EMT Certification Exam and if desired take the National Registry Exam.
- To use problem solving to assess the health/treatment needs of the community
- To use effective communication skills in a
professional manor with patients, families, co-workers, other allied
- To use leadership skills to promote effective care of patients
- To consider legal and ethical issues that may affect clinical decision making.
- To implement techniques and strategies to reduce morbidity and mortality of patients.
- To uphold a professional standard of care.
Program Costs: (No refunds will be given)
Tuition: $500.00 - Payment options are available
Additional: (Student Responsibility)
- CPR Certification
- Clinical Shirt
- WVOEMS Registration Fee $120 (Includes background check cost)
- National Registry $98
- Additional clinical clothing/boots